ASCOT INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL is a growing international school in Bangkok, Thailand. Established in 1997, the school school currently has 450 students on roll from Nursery to year 13 and is an IB World School, offering the IB Diploma. The curriculum followed is the National Curriculum for England and Wales with modifications for our position in S.E Asia, in KS4 we offer Cambridge IGCSE.
For the academic year 2017/18 beginning in late August, we are seeking flexible, creative, passionate teachers with at least three years teaching experience, who are reflective practitioners and capable of providing quality learning in an international school environment where students have English as a second language.
For most positions applicants must be native English speakers, and all must have a Bachelor’s degree plus a recognised teaching qualification (PGCE etc) or more. The successful applicant will need to be well organised, have a good sense of humour and be willing to participate in the extra-curricular activities of school life as well as the classroom. It is essential to be an excellent communicator and be confident with educational technology and possess the ability to collaborate with colleagues, students and parents.
If you would like to work at a happy , supportive and lively school on the outskirts of Bangkok , one of the most exciting cities in the world, then Ascot International School is the place for you. The school offers a competitive salary which allows a very high standard of living in Thailand, housing and relocation allowance, comprehensive health insurance and free education for teachers’ children. We are committed to developing our staff through CPD courses, INSET and other opportunities in the school.
Please email immediately:
- Cover letter outlining your educational philosophy
- CV with photograph and email contact details of 2 referees including your current Headteacher
- To Gary Booth Headmaster email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important: Please indicate your start date in the body of your e mail.
Closing date for applications is 30 June 2017 but early applicants may be appointed before this date. Interviews will take place in Bangkok or by Skype/telephone for applicants overseas.
Early Years Educator (Maternity Leave Cover for 1 term, beginning 21st August 2017 until December 2017)
An experienced international educator with a strong background in facilitating the development of Numeracy and Literacy foundations in the Early Years with a commitment to and experience with child initiated and play based learning. The teacher should:
- Have a commitment to and experience with student centered, experiential and differentiated learning environments.
- Be dynamic and progressive in their approach to educational pedagogy.
- Be committed to providing a supportive and positive learning environment for all students in their class and throughout the school.
- Support the learning community at Ascot by encouraging students to develop lifelong learning skills and by also modelling it through their own continuous professional development.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure that Ascot maintains a high standard in all aspects of Teaching and Learning.
- French for beginners (IB AB INITIO)
- German first language
- The ability to offer Spanish is not essential but would be useful