ASCOT INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL is a growing international school in Bangkok, Thailand. Established in 1997, the school school currently has 450 students on roll from Nursery to year 13 and is an IB World School, offering the IB Diploma. The curriculum followed is the National Curriculum for England and Wales with modifications for our position in S.E Asia, in KS4 we offer Cambridge IGCSE.
We are seeking flexible, creative, passionate teachers with at least three years teaching experience, who are reflective practitioners and capable of providing quality learning in an international school environment where students have English as a second language.
For most positions applicants must be native English speakers, and all must have a Bachelor’s degree plus a recognised teaching qualification (PGCE etc) or more. The successful applicant will need to be well organised, have a good sense of humour and be willing to participate in the extra-curricular activities of school life as well as the classroom. It is essential to be an excellent communicator and be confident with educational technology and possess the ability to collaborate with colleagues, students and parents.
If you would like to work at a happy , supportive and lively school on the outskirts of Bangkok , one of the most exciting cities in the world, then Ascot International School is the place for you. The school offers a competitive salary which allows a very high standard of living in Thailand, housing and relocation allowance, comprehensive health insurance and free education for teachers’ children. We are committed to developing our staff through CPD courses, INSET and other opportunities in the school.
For academic positions, please email the following information to Mr. Gary Booth, Headmaster: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter to support your application, outlining your philosophy and approach to learning and teaching.
- CV with photograph and email contact details of 2 referees including your current Principal.
- IMPORTANT : Include the position that you are applying for in the subject line of your e mail.
- A BA or BSc plus a teaching qualification or a BEd.
- Native English speaker.
The school offers a competitive salary, housing and relocation allowance, comprehensive health insurance and free education for teachers’ children.
Academic Positions Available
Currently there are no positions available for next year. Please check the TES website and the school website on a regular basis for any updates.
Administrative Positions Available
Admissions & Marketing Officer
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or a related field
- 30 years of age or older with at least 3 years of experience in the education industry
- Thai National or Thai native language proficiency; must also be fluent in English; strong speaking and writing skills in both languages is essential
- Excellent internal and external communication skills
- Experience with developing content for websites and social media channels
- Proactive personality and a team player
- Willingness to learn new things; confidently work in a multi-culture business environment
- Strong multi-tasking and problem-solving skills with the ability to work efficiently and independently
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite would be a plus but is not necessary
- Ability to communicate in Chinese would be a plus but is not necessary
- Provide prospective parents with school information; conduct campus tours
- Handle telephone and email inquiries
- Input and maintain student information in the school database
- Guide parents and students through the full enrollment process, including trials, assessments and interviews
- Coordinate student information between administrative and academic departments
- Assist in organising and attending both internal and external events
- Assist in the development of school marketing materials; ads for print publications and social media channels
- Cover front office / receptionist duties from time to time, as needed
If you meet the qualifications above, please submit a cover letter and resume in English to email@example.com within 31st May 2018. Applicants who fail to provide both documents will not be considered for this position. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.