ASCOT INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL is a growing international school in Bangkok, Thailand. Established in 1997, the school school currently has 450 students on roll from Nursery to year 13 and is an IB World School, offering the IB Diploma. The curriculum followed is the National Curriculum for England and Wales with modifications for our position in S.E Asia, in KS4 we offer Cambridge IGCSE.
We are seeking flexible, creative, passionate teachers with at least three years teaching experience, who are reflective practitioners and capable of providing quality learning in an international school environment where students have English as a second language.
For most positions applicants must be native English speakers, and all must have a Bachelor’s degree plus a recognised teaching qualification (PGCE etc) or more. The successful applicant will need to be well organised, have a good sense of humour and be willing to participate in the extra-curricular activities of school life as well as the classroom. It is essential to be an excellent communicator and be confident with educational technology and possess the ability to collaborate with colleagues, students and parents.
If you would like to work at a happy , supportive and lively school on the outskirts of Bangkok , one of the most exciting cities in the world, then Ascot International School is the place for you. The school offers a competitive salary which allows a very high standard of living in Thailand, housing and relocation allowance, comprehensive health insurance and free education for teachers’ children. We are committed to developing our staff through CPD courses, INSET and other opportunities in the school.
Please email the following information immediately to Gary Booth, Headmaster: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter to support your application, outlining your philosophy and approach to learning and teaching.
- CV with photograph and email contact details of 2 referees including your current Principal.
- IMPORTANT : Include the position that you are applying for in the subject line of your e mail.
- A BA or BSc plus a teaching qualification or a BEd.
- Native English speaker.
The school offers a competitive salary, housing and relocation allowance, comprehensive health insurance and free education for teachers’ children.
Primary KS1 and KS2 Teachers – August 2018 start
We are seeking teachers who are committed to an experiential and student centered approach to education. The candidate must be an effective communicator, who is enthusiastic, flexible and committed to excellence.
The school is currently a IB PYP candidate school and will be undergoing the process to become an authorised school within the next 2 years. As such applicants with PYP experience will be at an advantage.
Teachers will be expected:
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for pupils that is in line with the curriculum policies of the school.
- To facilitate, support and monitor the overall progress and development of all pupils.
- To foster a stimulating and creative learning environment and educational experience, which provides students with the opportunity to fulfil their individual potential, and is conducive to the good management of teaching and learning.
- To share in the development of the school curriculum, courses and study, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and their review.
- To support and contribute to the school’s responsibility for safeguarding children and have high regard for children’s health and safety.