• Mission Statement
• School Hours, Events and Term Dates
• Contacting the School & your Child’s Teacher
• Student equipment
At Ascot students develop according to their needs in an attractive, family environment. The challenging curriculum enables our students to become adaptable lifelong learners in an increasingly changing world.Our intercultural ethos promotes respect for all within the community.
School Hours, Events and Term Dates
The school day begins with Flag Ceremony at 7.40
The Nursery day finishes at 2.00pm.
Kindergarten to Secondary finish at 3.00pm with ECAs running from 3.00 – 4.00pm.
Supervision of students: 7:15am – 4:00pm (Monday to Friday)
There is limited supervision after 4:00 pm, parents are kindly asked to collect their children promptly at the end of the school day
Office hours: 7:30am – 4:00pm (Monday to Friday)
Contacting the School your Child’s Teacher:
How can parents contact the Front Office?
Please email us at email@example.com or dial 02 373 4400 ext 0 Website: www.ascot.ac.th
Who should parents contact if there is a problem / question about their child?
We always advise parents contact their child’s class / subject teacher in the first instance and then if there is still an issue, they should make an appointment to see the relevant Head of EY, PY or SY. In the unlikely event that there problem persists, then they can make an appointment through the Head’s PA, on 02 373 4400 (ext 117) to meet with the Headmaster.
Please see the details below:
Should you wish to contact your child’s teacher, you may choose one of the following options:
- Email your child’s teacher (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Write a message in your child’s Contact Book or Homework Diary
- Leave a message with the Head’s PA requesting the relevant teacher calls you back
- Make an appointment to come in and see the relevant teacher via
the Head’s PA – please call 02 3734400 (ext117)
There are many activities that take place throughout the year, the following list is a guide only , for more detailed dates, please see the school calendar:
New parents day
House colours day
EY and PY Christmas concerts
Chinese New Year
Whole School Photographs
Some IGCSE oral and practical examinations
IGCSE /A level and IB examinations
The dates of the school term vary from year to year , for the most up to date information please visit the calendar on the school website.
What special equipment do students need for school?
- EY and KS1 students are provided with all the equipment and stationery required for
the school day.
- KS2 students are permitted to bring their own writing equipment such as pencils, rulers and colouring tools, but this is optional.The school will provide all necessary equipment for their lessons.
- KS3 and KS4 students are expected to bring the following equipment and stationery
- Black gel or fibre tipped pens
- Green, blue or red pens for marking and editing
- Highlighters (2 colours)
- Colouring pencils and markers
- Pencil sharpener
- Small stapler and staples
- Glue stick
- Large pencil case to hold everything
- 30cm ruler
- Pair of compasses
- Protractor (basic geometry set)
- KS3 and KS4 calculator: Casio fx-85gt plus
- KS5 calculator: Texas instrument ti-84 plus
- A device to connect to the school wifi – smartphone, tablet or laptop, to used in accordance with the school’s acceptable use policy
Text books in years 10,11,12 and 13
Students are required to buy textbooks for IGCSE , IB/A level which will available from
the school shop in August 2016.
All equipment should be clearly marked with the child’s name and kept in one LARGE case.
It is imperative that all students have the appropriate equipment and resources required to learn each subject. Please note, the list above states the minimum resources required. Ascot teachers may ask for additional equipment at their own discretion for their specialist subjects.